JOIN US ON A GUIDED DAY TOUR OF THE SUNSHINE COAST!!
Accessible only by water or air, the lower Sunshine Coast region of British Columbia has retained its remote, laid-back and slower paced lifestyle. Come explore the stunning natural scenery including long ocean beaches, mountains and rainforest. As well, enjoy an area well known for its eagle and other bird species. Influenced by creative First Nations people, the lower Sunshine Coast has historically welcomed visitors. The early 20th century steamships, when visiting from Vancouver, named the area "the Gulf Coast Riviera". Leave your vehicle behind and spend the day sightseeing with our professional tour guide!
- Your British Columbia ferry vessel departs the community of Horseshoe Bay at 9:20AM. Arriving in Langdale terminal at 10:00AM, you'll walk off the ferry and then meet your tour
- After a ten minute drive, your first stop is the scenic village of Gibsons Landing. Commentary is provided on the history and maritime lifestyle of this community famous for its international recognition as the filming site of the TV show "The Beachcombers". Time is allowed for exploring, shopping and lunch (seafood or other cuisine restaurant choices).
- Departing at 12:30PM, the tour will continue along highway 101 driving through "Upper" Gibsons to Roberts Creek, famous as the "Gumboot Nation" and for its many weekend/summer homes with close ocean access to the Strait of Georgia. Commentary is provided during the five minute drive through this unique community before returning to highway 101.
- Your next stop at 1:00PM is the Chapman Creek Fish Hatchery. Learn about the commercial and recreational importance of both salmon and trout fish. A staff member will provide a tour while explaining the valuable role that fish hatcheries play in ensuring these resources remain at viable levels.
- After returning to highway 101, your next stop at 1:30PM will be Davis Bay. With its long ocean promenade along the Strait of Georgia, you'll have an opportunity for photos of Vancouver Island while breathing the glorious ocean air!
- Our tour then continues to Sechelt. Located between Porpoise Bay and the Strait of Georgia, this largest town of the lower Sunshine Coast (9000 population) literally means "the land between two waters"’. At 2:00PM a stop will be made at the Tsian-Ko museum and gift shop. A staff member will provide information on the magnificent culture of the Shishalh First Nations people while explaining their contributions to the community as Canada’s first self-governing indigenous people.
- At 2:30PM the tour continues with a few minutes drive through the town area. Time is then allowed for exploring, recommended walks along the water and afternoon tea. Enjoy the beauty and "small town" atmosphere!
- Departing at 4:15PM, our tour next explores Porpoise Bay. Surrounded by mountains and connected to the Sechelt Inlet (fjord), this body of water provides stunning natural beauty combined with its fishing marinas. Our best perspective is from the provincial park area. Join your tour guide for walks along a sandy beach and through rainforest nature trails. We hope to see eagles and other bird life!
- At 5:15PM the tour returns to highway 101 for the journey back to the Langdale ferry terminal. Your tour guide will say good-bye while assisting with the boarding of the ferry. Enjoy the return sailing across Howe Sound, with view of the Coast Mountains, returning to Horseshoe Bay at 7:10PM.
Child (3-12 years) $69.00
Child (under 3) no cost
- Bus/van transportation with sightseeing
- Tour guide narration/assistance
- All government taxes
- Meals and personal expenditures
- Tour guide gratuity
- British Columbia ferry cost – based on sailing date, $12.00-$15.00 per adult round trip
- Cost from downtown Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal
- Approximately $40.00 taxi fare each direction
- Public transportation using the #257 express bus. Operates northbound along Georgia Street departing Seymour Street stop at 8:03AM. Other stops along Georgia are Burrard, Bute, Broughton, Cardero and Denman streets. Cost is $3.75 adult, $2.50 child to ferry and $2.50 adult, $1.75child returning from ferry to downtown Vancouver.
Call or e-mail for reservations.
Click on our calendar
for upcoming tours and events. We offer a
variety of day tours to the Sunshine Coast, casino tours, ski shuttles, and event transportation to locations all over British Columbia.
Request more information.
10% cancellation fee upon booking, 50% cancellation fee 14-4 days prior to departure, 100% cancellation fee 3 days prior to departure.
We accept Visa and Mastercard.
Sunshine Coast Limousine, Shuttle & Taxi reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to the departure date due to unforeseen circumstances or insufficient bookings. We will endeavour to offer alternate dates.